How To Manage Legal Holds
The duty to preserve evidence during ediscovery is well established. As soon as a litigation or regulatory investigation is reasonably anticipated, you must issue legal hold notifications quickly, clearly and securely. That means informing custodians of their obligation to preserve data across all devices, systems, and data repositories.
When done with the right plan in place, legal holds can feel like a breeze.
In this guide we'll discuss six ways to optimize your legal hold process so it’s smooth and defensible, every time, including:
- Using Legal Hold Templates to Reduce Risk
- Uncovering Critical Insights Through Custodian Interviews
- Sample Custodian Questionnaire
- Improving Custodian Response Rates to Legal Holds
- Releasing a Legal Hold
- Creating a Defensible Preservation Audit Trail